Support for bushfire and drought affected businesses
The recent NSW bushfires have had devastating effects on business and communities. We've helped by:
• Changing our Leave Policy to accommodate active RFS volunteers on full pay.
• Raising bushfire and drought issues with the Prime Minister, Treasurer and Small Business Minister in a Federal Government small business roundtable.
• Getting involved with The Bushfire PR Alliance – connecting impacted towns with communication agencies to create PR campaigns that drive business back into towns.
• Producing factsheet for affected businesses, including a list of support packages.
• Seconding three of our staff to volunteer with GIVIT.com.au – helping to coordinate the delivery of locally bought goods and donations to farmers and the community.
• Creating a hub to help our staff and members navigate emotional, logistical and financial impacts of the fires – with links to assistance packages, mental health support, disaster recovery toolkits and financial counselling.
• Proposing deferral/forgiveness of the NSW Government payroll tax to help with staff retention and cash flow.
• Pledging to BackingTheBush.com.au